Travel to School
Castle Hill Primary School is constantly working hard to ensure the children's safety including at the start and end of each school day.
In order to make school a safer place we ask that parents consider the following;
- Walk, scoot or cycle to school - Only the Rooksdown campus provides storage for scooters and bikes
- Park and stride - park further away from school and walk the last part of your journey (see attached map)
- Please do not use the Greenbank car park as a drop-off zone, this is for parking only
- When parking please consider the local residents; do not block driveways, do not park close to junctions, do not cause obstruction.
The Highway Code specifies:
Rule 243 - DO NOT stop or park:
- near a school entrance
- anywhere you would prevent access for Emergency Services
- opposite or within 10 metres (32 feet) of a junction, except in an authorised parking space
- in front of an entrance to a property
- on a bend
Rule 224: Parking on the pavement can obstruct and seriously inconvenience pedestrians, people in wheelchairs or with visual impairments and people with prams or pushchairs. Please adhere to this guidance.
As part of our commitment to promote walking to school, parking is available at the old community centre (unfortunately due to circumstances out of our control this facility is currently unavailable) and Winklebury Centre (for Greenbank campus) with safe walking routes to school which have been suggested by Hampshire County Council travel team (see Castle Hill Schools Park and Stride map below).
How to plan your bus journey to school:
Please click on the link below to use the 'Personalised journey timetable' tool from Stagecoach https://www.stagecoachbus.com/timetables
Zig Zag Road Safety Project
Rooksdown's new traffic calming measures are now in full 'flight' with Basil the Bird helping to introduce the project to the children at CHPS Rooksdown.
We have also introduced the use of the Kiddie Cones which is a pilot in Hampshire. We have received such positive feedback from parents, children and the local community regarding our new Kiddie Cones safety signs . With them being so unique and eye-catching, we have been contacted by other education establishments inquiring how to purchased them.
Vehicle Restricted Access
Please note that parking onsite can be difficult at peak times. We ask that you please be considerate to our neighbours and other road users when parking. For safety reasons we have restricted access through our Greenbank Campus vehicle gate between the following times:
08:30 - 09:15
10:30 - 10:45
12:00 - 13:00
14:45 - 15:15