Meet the Year Group Team
|Class Teacher||PTP Support|
|Mrs N Gomarsall||Miss F Gordon|
|Mrs L Brown||Mrs G Silcox|
Summer 1 Topics
Possible writing topics this term:
(Not all of these will be covered)
- Writing based on 'The Day the Crayons Quit'.
- Writing in the form of; instructions / invitations and poetry.
- Using the skills - prefix - un / suffix - ing / ed / er/ est
- Using ! ? accurately
- Continued practise of accurate punctuation (capital letter/ full stops / apostrophe)
- Conjunctions (and/because)
Hampshire – Phase 2:
Number and Place Value
- count in multiples of twos and tens
Addition and subtraction
- represent and use number bonds and related subtraction facts within 20
- Missing number problems
Multiplication and Division
- solve one step problems involving multiplication by calculating the answer using concrete objects, pictorial representations and arrays with the support of the teacher
- Looking at 1/4 of amount, shape and objects.
Measurement: compare, describe and solve practical problems for:
- tell the time to half past and draw the hands on a clock face to show these times
- Seasonal Change (continuing through the year)
- Plants - recapped
- Changes within living memory - looking at toys from the past and how they've changed.
Looking at toys from around the world.
Comparing Rooksdown/Basingstoke to another town in a non European country.
Printing - using toys as our inspiration.
Looking at Andy Warhol.
Design Technology: (will be completed next half term) Food - making a fruit salad.
*Our Local Area
Skills: This year, Year 1 will:
- Sing songs, rhymes and chants
- Use body percussion, tuned and out of tune percussion instruments
- See how sounds can be written down
- Recognise mood and character in music
- Begin to build a musical vocabulary
Taught by a specialist teacher (Mr Calpin)
Gymnastics, Multi-skills (throwing, catching and aiming games)
- People Jesus Met
- Keeping Safe
Reading - If possible daily reading with your child with vastly benefit him/her. 3 times a week is ideal and it allows you to read the book a couple of times to help your child build up their fluency. During this time ask lots of questions about the book they have read.
Friday – Homework goes out
Thursdays – Homework is collected in
As the year progresses spellings will be added in.